Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend Recap

Well this weekend has been an interesting one to say the least.

Work was semi-crazy late last week. My manager was gone on a vacation to Chicago, so that leaves a little extra work for the rest of us. But I left work a little early on Friday to head home to Howell County. The day was beautiful - full sunshine and great temps - I had trouble focusing at school and work. Plus, I knew that I would be picking up my wedding dress on Saturday so there was a lot on my mind. I brought along my friends Maggie and Sara for the weekend too. We got on the road about 3:30 and got into town just after 7. We had a few stops along the way. We brought pizza and ate dinner at Chris's house. The pups had the best time playing with each other. The wrestled until they were both wore out. We headed back to my moms around 10:30. We sat around and talked for a little while then. I don't think I got into bed until midnight, then I was up at 5.

Saturday was another beautiful day weather wise. It was mid-60s all day and absolutely perfect. We got on the road for Springfield just after 7:30. We ran into Michaels for my sister upon arriving in Springfield, then we headed over to McDaniel's bridal to pick up my dress. I was so anxious to be able to put on my dress again. It was just as perfect as I remember it. I had it on for about 30 minutes and didn't really want to take it off. Plus the good thing is that I don't think there are many needed alterations. I want so badly to post a picture on here to share with all of you, but I don't want to risk any possibility of Christopher seeing it or someone seeing it that will tell Chris all about it. Pretty traditional in the sense that Chris cannot see it or know what it looks like. We did a little shopping after that. I picked up a new pair of boots to wear in our engagement pictures in a couple of weeks. Now if only I could decide on 2 other outfits.

When we got back into town we went 4 wheeling for a while since the boys were working on the farm cutting wood. We then prepared a steak dinner. Granted we had a few mishaps, like when I dumped over the grill, but all in all, it was a wonderful meal and went perfectly with the weather that we had. Dessert was strawberry shortcake. So yummy. My sister came up to visit for just a bit too. Other than that we just sat around to visit and watched a little TV. I didn't go to bed nearly early enough especially since we lost an hour of sleep.

Today has the interesting day. I was kinda lazy this morning. I didn't really have the motivation to get up and going. After letting the dogs out around 6:00, I just laid around on the couch for a few hours. I didn't get motivated until my dad started complaining about breakfast. We got up and made pancakes and bacon. It was pretty amazing. After that, I cleaned up and got packed up. Chris came to see us for a while before we left. Shortly before I left the house, I happened to pick up a jewelry box to look at a ring in it. My mother had been missing some earrings and I was a little concerned and felt I needed to check on it. Well, turns out the ring wasn't in the box where it should have been. I hadn't worn the ring ever and there was no reason for it not to be in the box. New conclusion: someone has stolen my ring and my mother's earrings. So, I'm having a minor panic attack. This ring isn't just any ring that came from the store. My grandmother Bussell (my mom's mom) passed away July 2009. Her wedding ring consisted of 9 diamonds. Grandma had 3 granddaughters and each of use had a special made ring with 3 of those diamonds in it. So, it isn't something that can easily be replaced. The police are currently investigating so we shall see.

I have been back in town for just a couple of hours. School work is coming along, but I am feeling pretty distracted. I have my mind on about 10 other things right now. Hopefully I will be able to sleep well tonight.

Hope that you all had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Glad the dress went well!!! :) NOT cool about the rings and earrings, I hope they turn up asap!

    ReplyDelete