Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 4: Your Parents



Well, I decided to get an earlier start today on my daily blog. Day 4 is all about my parents.

I feel very blessed to have two amazing individuals as my parents. Here is a picture of the three of us together that was taken 5 years ago.


My dad is am strong willed and hard working person. I have been told for years that I am a lot like my dad. Some people consider that to be an insult but for me I take it as a compliment. He worked really hard when I was younger, working 7 days a week to fulfill his contract obligations and to provide for his family. He stands up for what is right. He makes sure that everyone around him is taken care of. He is hard on people but only pushes you to be a better person. He has a pretty bad temper and lashes out at people sometimes, but we have all just come to terms that it is Gary and we move on. We don't always see eye to eye on things, but in the end, I know we can sit down and hash it all out. I am thankful for the lessons that my father has taught me and the support that he has given me to chase my dreams.


Then there is my mom. She is a soft spoken, especially when compared to my dad and myself. Growing up, I became very close to her and now I consider her one of my closest friends. Despite the fact that I live 200 miles away from her, I still talk to her at least once per day and most days more than that. She knows and understands me and takes the time to listen to my problems, but doesn't have a problem telling me when I am unreasonable. She has been so supportive all that I do, whether it be in my job, school or personal life. She has been a lifesaver on the wedding planning and she takes care of my dearest Christopher when I am away. I look forward to moving home to be physically closer to my mom again!



 I love you both very much and am thankful for all that you have done for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment