Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 10: Something you are afraid of


There are not that many things that I am afraid of. I don't really have the standard fears. I'm okay with heights. I just kill spiders. Snakes we just kill as well. Never really been around big animals. But I am afraid of a few things, granted they are a little more abstract.

1. Disappointment - I have worked my entire life chasing a dream of being a lawyer. Every finals season, I was worried something would go wrong and I wouldn't make the deans list or during the first semester of law school, the fear of failing out. I am proud to say that I am the only one of my siblings who didn't give up on school. I have let nothing pull me off my planned path. I hope that I continue to make myself and my parents proud.

2. Being physically attacked/mugged/raped. Yes, this is graphic and I apologize. But seriously, you should see the emails that the University sends out at least one a week about someone getting attacked. It is literally terrifying to me. This is why I sleep with a loaded gun next to my bed and carry pepper spray and a knife with my on campus. I also memorize license plates of everyone who walks by

3. Not being able to psychically have children. There are many things that I don't understand like why God proceeds to give an abundance of children to people who cannot afford it or don't want to take care of their children, then there are good people out there who aren't able to have kids. Not saying that Chris and I are saints or the greatest people, but I think we will be great parents and we will be financially set when we decide to have kids. The thought of not being able to have my own is scary. Granted, Chris and I have already talked about the alternatives, its just something to think about.

Well, I think that is about all for today. Sorry this was more deep than my past posts and sorry for no pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment