Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 24: Something you've learned


Well, there is a lot going on right now in anticipation of leaving town tomorrow for Spring Break and there is a busy weekend ahead. Things are so busy, I have been doing my workouts at 5 am instead of the evenings like I had been doing, just to give me that much more time in the evenings. I hope that I can keep up with my blogging during the next few days. There are just a few days left in this challenge.

So the topic of the day. Something that I have learned. Honestly, I think that I have learned some pretty valuable lessons in my life. I will just highlight a few for you today.

1. I have learned that no matter how much you try to be nice to someone because it is the right thing to do, there will be times when it will still be ill received and not amount to anything. Just know you did the right thing

2. I have learned that people are jealous of your successes. Yes, this means even your closest family members and yes, even though they chose the path in life they have (and even pretend that their life is so great)

3. I have learned that no amount of effort you make trying to help someone will do any good until they are ready to help themselves

4. I have learned that there are just some pretty crappy and selfish people out there who will try to ruin your day or life

5. I have learned (and this is still a working in progress) to forget about the negative things around me, especially when they are things that I cannot change

6. I have learned that love and support from family is the greatest gift!

There are so many more, but I don't want to sound like a stupid cliche book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment