Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend Recap

This weekend was spent half studying.

Friday night from the time I got off work til I went to bed was spent with my MPRE books, doing last minute review for Saturday's test. I took a break only to eat dinner and talk to my mother for a few minutes.

Saturday morning, I got up around 6 (a little later than my usual wake up time), ate a little breakfast, went to Wal-Mart to purchase wooden pencils and then it was off to my test. The test started at 9:00 a.m. I got out around 11:30 a.m.

After the test, I headed to Home Depot. It has been my usual weekend hangout. This weekend, I was in the market for an over the range microwave. They had three white ones in the store. One for $159 (which I was informed was an awful microwave), one for $199 and one for $299. Clearly the $299 one was out of the question for me. I was nervous about spending the $199 without first talking to Chris so I left without a microwave. I decided I would shop around some other prices. I went to Sears. They had one for $179 in a good brand. I didn't buy it though. I feel loyalty to the Sears in WP, so I'll wait til next weekend to buy one.

After Home Depot, I met up with Maggie and Claudia for lunch at Cracker Barrel and then we went to a few antique stores. We went to a new one for me and I fell in love. Too bad everything I loved was out of my prce range. I ended up not getting a thing. But after the week that I had, it was relaxing just to get out. I also got a couple pieces of jewelry inspected at Kays. I got home around 5:00 and crashed. I took a small nap, then got up and went through some paperwork, did some laundry and balanced my checkbook.

Sunday here has been pretty low key. I went into work for about 3 1/2 hours this morning, trying to make up some hours that I lost last week and will lose this week since I am coming home Friday. Since coming home, I have been doing laundry, cleaning and reading for this week's classes. It has been beautiful outside and I have had the windows open. I'm so glad for the weather.

Work has been progressing down at our house this weekend too becuase the weather has been so nice. We did get a little bad news today. Chris arrived at the house this morning and noticed that someone has been up there to steal wires again. There had been some theft prior to us buying the house, since the house was empty. However, we assumed that since we had been working up there, we wouldn't have to deal with it. But it happened again. They stole some additional wires from the shop along with some lights and then went into our well house and stole wires from the well that was just put back together. It is just frustrating that someone would take all that for just like $10 off the copper in the wire. Plus, we have been working on the house so much and for someone to take that away.

Tonight is a barbeque with Maggie and I'm excited.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your test is over! :) Sounds like a good weekend other than that...and the stealing, ugh, people....grrrrr...