Saturday, March 20, 2010

Weekend Plans Ruined

This weekend was supposed to be spent in Versailles with Chris's mother, step-father and little brother. However, mother nature had different plans for me.

I knew that there was a chance of bad weather, but with the warm temperatures that we had, I never imagined that it would get too bad. I was wrong. I arrived in Versailles around 6:30 last night. I played with Tyler, talked with Cheryl and Rodney. Rodney fixed us dinner (steak, potatoes, salad and corn ... yum). After dinner we watched a movie, Have You Heard about the Morgans. Really good movie.

I woke up this morning to a light dusting of snow on the grass, but nothing on the roads. The forecast didn't look good, so I got around to leave. Before I left though, Chris's mom was gracious to give Chris and I some of her Americana decor for our house. I will post pictures of what I got tomorrow. I will have to unpack it. I drove back to Columbia in a rain/snow mix. Luckily the roads weren't slick. I met Maggie for lunch at Chilis and then took another trip to Home Depot. I only bought one thing today, just a new light for over my kitchen sink.

It turns out that it was a good thing that I left. By 6:00 tonight, Cheryl had 4-5 inches of snow. Crazy huh, especially considering yesterday it was 70 degrees. I hope the weather picks back up. I want better weather for my Spring Break that begins Friday.

1 comment:

  1. How crazy is that? It was about 60 all day here in WP...around 4 it really got cloudy. It rained sometime after 8 though...weird day. At least you were successful with the decor and Home Depot trip! I can't wait to see your house when it is done!

    ReplyDelete