Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend Recap

Well, it is Monday again. After a busy and hot weekend, I am still exhausted!

I guess Friday would be the best place to start. I was in a divorce trial all day Friday. And when I say all day, I mean all day. We started around 9 a.m. and we didn't get out until around 8 p.m. The child's attorney is about to move out of state, and we wanted to make sure that we got in all of the trial before he left. We will miss you Kelly Bosserman!!! Anyways, it was a sad, sad trial. I was so wore out when I left and all I wanted to do was go home and go to bed. I rode back up to Willow to get my car to head home. Well, bad thing was that my car wouldn't start. I swear that I cannot go an entire month without my car breaking down. It's looking more and more like time for a new one. The only problem is that when I am away at school and working part time, I cannot afford a car payment. I was hoping that my car would last til I graduate, but I'm not so sure about that anymore. I couldn't get ahold of Chris becuase he was working outside, so my mother had to come and get me.

Saturday morning, Chris and I got up pretty early so we could go look at my car before it got too hot. Luckily Chris is now close enough that I can ride the 4-wheeler to his house to get him up in the mornings. He couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. We are guessing it is something in the computer system of the car. The car ran fine Friday morning and everything seems to be working in the car, it just isn't wanting to start. We then headed back to WP. We ran a few errands and spent some time with his dad for father's day. Kit Kat was the most excited to see us though. She was so excited to see Chris that she nailed him in the knee. Today, his knee is still purple and swollen. Poor guy.

I spent Saturday evening at a birthday party for a 4 year old. He is the son of a girl that I work with and who is actually one of my bridesmaids. Seth was adorable and so happy for his birthday party. I got him a accessory pack for his Thomas the Train Set. I actually got him a set that he didn't have.  Chris missed the party due to his knee injury. He didn't feel much like going anywhere the rest of the day.

Isn't that just precious. After the party, I went home to take care of my injured boy. We just watched a little TV and took care of our garden.

Of course, Sunday was Father's Day. Chris and I spent the entire day with my dad and worked on all the projects that he wanted to do. I got up and fixed him his favorite breakfast and ended the day with a steak dinner and cheesecake.

All in all, it was a great weekend. Chris and I didn't get much done on our house. Here it is over 90 degrees (with heat index over 100) and the a/c went out at our house on Thursday. Gross huh?!? We both have lots of family coming in for the 4th (just two weeks away) and most haven't seen our house and we will be expecting to see lots of visitors. There are a lot of little details t work on the house, but it is so hard to work with it so hot. Hopefully we can have a productive weekend on the hosue next weekend and through the week once the a/c gets fixed tomorrow.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment