Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was a great weekend.

Friday at work ended up being a way crazier day than I expected. I had plans on leaving work a couple hours early so we could get on the road. Well that didn't happen. I actually only got out of work about 20 minutes early. Leaving town was a little crazy. Maggie and I got on the highway around 5:00 p.m. headed to the small, adorable town of Versailles, Missouri. We got to Cheryl's around 6:15. The rest of the company was already there. We visited with the family all evening. We helped with dinner too. It was so nice to just be with Chris's family. I just wish that Chris would have been there. We crashed pretty early, around 10. Most of us were completly exhausted. Maggie and I were stuck on the living room floor due to the number of people at the house.

Saturday morning, I was up pretty early. I first woke up at 4:00 when a few were getting ready to go set up at the festival. I fell back asleep until aroung 6. Then I was up for good. I had a nice warm cup of hot chocolate and visit with Chris's mom. I sure do love that woman. Guess I really lucked up to have a wonderul mother-in-law. (Some people have horrible stories and relationships with thiers). I cleaned up and got ready before most everyone else was out of bed. With that many people in a house, I knew it was best to take the opportunity when I could. Once everyone was up, we spent some time visiting. I played with the kiddos. Sadie is one of my favorite little girls. She is so full of life. Here she is Saturday morning.

Sadie sure does love Maggie too. They are "best buddies". However, my favorite picture of the day was of Caden. He had no idea that I was taking his picture. He was laying in the living room floor watching TV before we headed to the festival.

We headed to the festival around 9:30. The parade started at 10 and we wanted to make sure that we got a good spot for that. The kids were very excited. I tried taking pictures of the kids lined up, but Sadie would not cooperate. I thought I had a good one, but I guess the sun was so bright, I couldn't see my camera screen real well. This is what I got

We had a good time. I only bought one thing at the festival. I'll have to post a picture of them later. They are still all packed up. It was decorations for our house. It was pretty chilly at the festival so we didn't stay real late. We went back to the house around 1:30. We had lunch. We spent the rest of the afternoon watching movies. I might have dozed off for just a bit too. We also had some good family card games. I hardly get to play cards anymore, so I was pretty excited about that. We had dinner and visited some more the rest of the day.

Sunday, I was up early again. I helped grandma with breakfast. We had biscuits and gravy with bacon. YUM!!! Most of us left Cheryl's pretty early. Maggie and I did becuase we both had homework to tend to. But before we left, I made sure to get a few more pictures of two of my favorite neices

Aren't they precious? I spent the rest of the day doing homework and took a small nap. This week already seems to busy and I have 5 classes cancelled this week. Ahh!

No comments:

Post a Comment