Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Today (well tonight actually) marks the anniversary of the day Chris and I started dating.

Chris and I had been friends for a few years before dating. We had even been on double dates before with other people. We talked in school. We actually both had little crushes on each other, but never spoke a word.

It wasn't until October 18, 2003 that everything came to light. It was the night of the homecoming dance in West Plains. My sister and I had opted not to go. We were out cruising town. (We are from a small town, so this is what we did for fun) Chris was also out cruising town. He was with his friend Anthony. We were on opposit routes. Chris and Anothony were leaving certain establishments when my sister and I were pulling in. Once while we were pulling into Sonic, my sister sees Anthony flip someone off. Stacie naturally thinks that it was directed at us. When we got back around to Auto Zone, Chris and Anthony had pulled over. My sister pulled in to give Anthony a piece of her mind. Come to find out, the gesture was not directed to us. We all talked for a few minutes and decided to hang out. They would ride around with us.

So, there I was sitting in the back of my sisters car, knowing that this was the moment. My heart was pounding not knowing if the person I wanted to get in the back of the car, would be getting in the back of the car with me. I was estactic when Chris jumped in the back with me. (I'm sure that I smiled the biggest smile) We hung out all night. Sometime during this time, we switched cars and were driving around in Chris's car. We had been dirt roading going all over the place. We stopped once at McDonalds for me a bathroom break (I have like the smallest bladder) I came back out from the bathroom. Chris was standing outside the car. I hopped on the hood of the car. He kissed me for the first time in that parking lot. For years, Chris and I would go back there and relive that moment.

The night went so fast. We had such a great time. When we were heading back to my sister's car, Chris leaned in to me, kissed me on the cheek, holding my hand and asked me if us hanging out was just that night or if he could call me the next day. I told him to call me the next day and he did. He has been calling me every day since. And now, here we are seven years later celebrating our last anniversary as an engaged couple.

It is hard to believe that we are here. We have been through so much over the years. We have dealt with good times, sad times, rough times and everything in between. We have been through 5 years of long distance while I go to school. We have been through the death of 4 grandparents. We have been to tons of weddings too. We have also seen tons of babies born. We have sort of been placed in the background while everyone has had their special moments. Next year will be our moment. For now though, we will celebrate one more year conquered together.

Christopher is everything that I could have ever asked for. He is so adorable and has the most amazing eyes. I get lost in those babies. He just makes me melt when he catches my eyes from across the room. He is so hard working. He will do anything to make sure that those most important to him are taking care of in any way possible. He is a family man. He loves his family and mine. He is always the helpful person. When someone needs something, they call him. He is amazing with kids and he will be a fantastic father when we decide we are ready to have our own. He is protective of me. He used to follow me home from any date I drove to so that he knew I made it back to my house. He checks me car every time that I leave town. He is always very cautious for everything me. He is amazingly supportative. He has been fantastic for me going to school. He has allowed me to follow my dreams. He is tough and doesn't show emotions easily. But in other ways, he is open and sharing with me. He is romantic in the best ways. He balances my craziness. He has his flaws, but he is the perfect match for me.

He loves me and I love him. I cannot wait to share the rest of my life with this fantastic person. Happy anniversary baby! Hope the next seven years turn out to be just as wonderful.

Here are a few pictures of our journey together


























2 comments: