Friday, October 22, 2010
5 Question Friday
I love Fridays and I couldn't be more thankful that it is finally here this week. I hope this day turns out to be better than yesterday for sure. I had an emergency phone call yesterday at lunch. Christopher got injured at work then I had a stressful afternoon at work. I finally told one of the supervisors that I would deal with an issue today instead of yesterday becuase I couldn't focus.
Christopher got injured working on one of the crushing plants. He busted open his right thumb, chipping off part of the bone. He has 10 stitches and his thumb is in a splint. He was given some heavy duty pain meds and given orders of light duty for work for at least a week. I'm betting he goes stir crazy before that time. He is home, but in a lot of pain. I just wish that I could be there to take care of him. I just keep reminding myself just 9 more months in this town. And well, the drama at work, that is for a new post.
But I guess we should try to start the day off right. Time to play 5 Question Friday sponsored by My Little Life.
1. Who is the better cook, you or your spouse? Christopher isn't my spouse yet, but we would both agree that I am so the better cook. He never had to learn to cook, so he just doesn't do it. He helps out some when I am cooking dinner, but for the most part it is all me. He'd make frozen pizza or have take out if I didn't cook. Plus he loves my cooking, so I guess it works out
2. How often do you talk to your mom? Daily and on most days, more than once
3. Are you adventurous in the kitchen or stick to the recipe? I'm not overly adventurous but I don't always stick to recipes either. I hardly ever measure with actual measuring utensils. Those are over rated.. But we are also very traditional and Chris doesn't like much of his food messed with.
4. Is your second toe longer than your big toe? Yup - I was told when I was younger that it meant I was a leader . . . or intelligent. Ah, I don't remember, it was some good trait that I have :)
5. Do you dress up for Halloween? (Bonus question: What will you be this year?) I haven't dressed up in a few years, but I will be dressing up this year. My department at work is dressing up at Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. My manager Jason is dressing up as Snow White, another manager is being the old lady which and an attorney is being prince charming. The 7 part timers in my department are being the dwarfs. It was a perfect fit for us. I am Happy and I just ordered my beard
Hope you all have a great weekend. Don't forget to play along