Friday, July 2, 2010
5 Question Friday
I was so anxious for today (Friday) to get here all week and now that it is here, I am almost too tired to enjoy it. I was up late last night cleaning the house and giving the pups a bath. Chris and I wanted everything and everyone clean for the holida weekend and lots of company.
Anyway, it is Friday and it is time for Five Question Friday once again sponsored by My Little Life.
1. What is one thing you miss the most about childhood? Not that I hate where I am now, but one of the greatest thing about being a kid is the carefree life with no responsibilities. You have no bills; you don't have to go to work; school was more fun; you are encouraged to take naps. Friends are easier to make and keep. Childhood is a great life.
2. Are you still friends with your friends from high school? A few. There are some people that I was friends with in high school that are just at a different part in their life right now than me and our friendship isn't as compatible as it once was. But there are still people even from elementary school and junior high that I am still friends with
3. Is there a catch phrase, cliche, or word that just drives you bonkers every time you hear it? I hate the cliche that women aren't supposed to work but stay at home and make and raise babies. Chris and I do maintain pretty traditional roles in our home, but we would never get along if he told me that I shouldn't work but should stay at home full time. NO WAY. This is not for me. Not that I think there is anything wrong with stay at home moms. I think they are great and I have a lot of respect for all that they do, it is just not a role for me. I want to be independent and be able to take care of myself. I don't want to have to rely on someone else to bring me money or take care of me financially. There have been people who make comments to Chris about how I will make more money than him or how I shouldn't work in legal profession because it is for males. Yeah, right!! Have you met me? Chris supports my career goals and I am very happy for that.
4. What is one thing that you think symbolizes America...besides "Old Glory"? Statute of Liberty. Every time you think about it or see a picture, you are reminded of USA and how that statute came to be
5. What are your 4th of July weekend plans? Chris's family and mine always have huge shin-digs on the 4th weekend. Plans kick off tonight with a huge dinner at my mom's house. Company will begin arriving today around noon and will continue to dinner time. We have people coming in from as far away as Colorado. Tomorrow, my family is having a big barbeque down at the lake. We will be out on the boat, hanging out around the banks, have tons of good food and watch fireworks over the lake that night. Sunday, there is essentially a family reunion at Chris's aunt's house. There is always tons of people there too. Lots of good food and sitting around in a circle singing gospel and country songs. It is a great life. There will probably be a fireworks show here too. Monday we are taking a picnic and then going floating. Going to be a jammed packed weekend and I'm anxious to get off work and get the party started.
Well, it's time that I get off here and get back to work. I've got some research on punitive damages to get done. Interested in playing along? Head over to My Little Life and link up!!
Hope you have a great 4th of July weekend!!!