Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend Recap

Well, it is Monday again and I was not ready for Monday to start when the alarm started going off at 5:00 a.m. I would much rather be sitting on the back deck watching the boys play in the yard.

We had a great weekend though.

Friday afternoon, we got kicked out of the office a little early. The office was being sprayed for bugs and SP didn't want us hanging around the office. I headed out the the quarry and worked the office for the last hour it was open. Justin was leaving town, so I thought that I would let him get an earlier start on his trip. At 5:00 p.m., I shut down the office and headed to my mom's house. It was her birthday and I was in charge of dinner. My sister was supposed to come up and help with dinner, but she decided that it wasn't that important (I guess, but I was a pretty unhappy lady with her). She didn't help cook and didn't help clean up. She showed up, texted her hubby, ate and left. At least I got to see her boys for about 1 hour. Anyway, back to dinner. Since it was mom's birthday, she got the choice of what she wanted to eat. She chose lasagna. So we had homemade lasagna, salad with fresh veggies and hot rolls. It was a yummy dinner, but we had so many leftovers. After dinner, we just spent the evening sitting outside talking and playing with the pups.

Saturday morning, I got up and ran a few errands with my mom. We did a little shopping and went to the little bridal shop here looking for a head piece to go with my veil. No luck. We went back to the florist shop where we are getting the flowers so that I could take a picture of the centerpieces that we are doing. Here is the general idea (take in mind that we will have all pink and white flowers)

We picked up lunch and headed back home aroung 12:30 so we could eat with the boys. The rest of the afternoon, Chris and I spent at the house. I was picking up the house, unloading the dishwasher, doing lanudry and cleaning house (man, I feel like I am dusting every2 days). Chris was outside working on the motorcycle. His dad had it for over a year and hadn't been taking very good care of it. As of right now, it still isn't running, but we are hoping that it will be in the next could of days. Chris just needs to be patient enough now to let the battery fully charge before trying to start it.

Abot 6:00 p.m., Chris came in and got cleaned up. We took the boys to my moms and went out for a date night. We went to Colton's for dinner. The food was great. Our waitress wasn't the greatest, but oh well. It was so nice to get out with Chris. We had been working really hard at eating in at the house that we hadn't been out for a nice dinner in months. After we ate, we sat around and talked for a while. It was really nice and I'm glad that we went. Chris was too and normally he hates going out to eat. After dinner, we ran into Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and headed back to the house. We picked up the boys and then relaxed the rest of the evening watching TV.

Sunday was a busy day for us. We worked around the house mostly. Chris messed with the bike a little more. The batteries on those things take forever to charge. We did a little more cleaning too. It truely is a never ending job at our house.

We made a decision on trim/baseboard color for our front living room. We are going with white and it looks so good. See

Now, we just need to go buy the trim and crown molding and get it put up. Hopefully we can get this done before I leave for school in about 4 weeks (geez, where did the summer go).

I also did a little painting. I needed to paint the inside of a closet in a spare bedroom. We had a shelving unit removed from it and it was just covered in sheetrock mud. Then I painting a door to another bedroom and its facing. It was a ugly color of yellow that matched the bedroom that it is attached to. I will be glad when we paint the walls in that room, but for now that will have to wait. Here are pictures of the ugly color the door was and how it looks now (big improvement if I do say so myself)

Dozer likes to be around me whatever I am doing and even got into a little paint.

We had dinner with my parents and then headed back to the house to relax. Sundays are Wedding nights on WETV and I have made Chris watch Bridezillas and My Fair Wedding with David Tutera. Chris doesn't seem to mind My Fair Wedding but hates Bridezillas. But hey, it is our Sunday tradition.

This morning, I actually got a new picture of Boots. Usually he moves before you can get a picture of him. I have several shots that are action shots of Boots running from a picture. Here is our little boy:

He was at the vet last week and he is about 4 months old. Believe it or not, he is one month younger than Dozer. And all our pups birthdays are very close together. Kit-Kat and Dozer are in January while Boots is in February.

I also snapped a picture of Dozer this morning. While I am getting ready in the mornings, he lays on my bed, usually on top of my clothes for the day. I guess he likes the smell of fresh laundry.

Hope you all had a great weekend too. Now its time to get back to work. Looking forward to getting off work and heading to the house to get dinner started.


  1. If you're looking for a nice headpiece (especially if you have something particular in mind), I'd suggest wandering around Etsy. It's a great area, and everything is handmade. If you want something particular or a remake of something, there's an alchemy section too!

  2. Your pups are so cute! You won my giveaway! YAY! And I love the paint you did, the trim will look great too!