Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weekend Recap

This weekend was my first weekend back in Columbia. I've been back just 7 days and there are 195 days til I move home for good (yes, I am counting down the days already)

Friday, I had class in the morning. Then I went into work from noon til 5. Work provided lunch, which is always nice. It was for meeting our goals for the month. The only issue was that lunch was supposed to get there at noonish. I got out of class at 11:50 thinking I would get to work and people would still be in line for the food. Well, that didn't happen. Apparently, the food showed up at 11, so needless to say, there wasn't much left when I got there. I snacked around on a few things, eating mostly cake. When I got off at 5, I headed to Macaroni Grill to meet Sara for dinner. It wasn't too busy, so that was nice. We then went over to the mall. I lucked on on jeans. I got three pairs of jeans and a shirt from New York and Company, spending less than $50.00. I was pretty happy about that. I then headed back to the house and curled up with a book under the electric blanket. It was the perfect end to the day.

Saturday, I was up for an early start. I spent some time catching up on shows that were on my DVR. I didn't watch all my regular shows over break. Chris and I would get caught up doing something or would be at my parents house. I left the house around 11. I had to go to the post office and pick up a few things at the store. I have been drinking juice like it is going out of style and have gone through 2 gallons in a week. I needed to re-stock. I then came back to the house and ate lunch. I did a little homework and then decided I should start getting ready. It was Caroline's birthday. Caroline is a girl that I work with. She turned 25 last night. We headed to dinner at Jazz at 7:00. We had terrible service and didn't get out of there until after 10:00. It was nuts. We were then supposed to head out to karaoke. I was super excited about it.. I was going to get a preview of my duet for my wedding. But then, the place for karaoke was PACKED. We ended up going somewhere else. I visited with everyone for a bit. But I was exhausted so I was ready to head home a little after 11. I'm sure the rest of the group was out way into Sunday morning, but I just can't do that.

Today has been a pretty relaxing. I was up early. I did some reading for myself and then got started on my homework. I met Maggie for lunch at Panera. It is one of our favorite places to go. I was super excited that Maggie came back yesterday. I hadn't seen her in a month, so it was nice to see her again. I was glad to spend time with her today. We then came back to the house and caught up on 16 and Pregnant that we missed over break. We also baked cookies and looked at a few wedding things. I have spent the rest of the afternoon reading for classes and working on the wedding. I am now watching "My Fair Wedding" enjoying fresh fruit. Good day.

Hope that you all had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment