Thursday, January 6, 2011

I'm such a sap

The boys are getting neutered this morning and I didn't take it too well when I dropped them off this morning.

Last week when I set up the appointment, they first told me that I had to bring the boys on Wednesday for them to stay the night before the surgery. Yeah, that wasn't going to happen. Neither one of them have been away from people for more than 8 hours, Dozer less than that. It just would have been extra rough for them to be away from us last night. So, I convinced the vet to let them stay at home. We just had to cut off food at 7:00 pm last night. Chris had a hard time dealing with that. He loves giving the pups treats. He kept telling me he wanted to give in last night when the pups would come inside and want a treat like they always do. Then Chris was trying to tell me that getting them neutered was mean and he wouldn't let me do it.

This morning was rough. Both the boys were excited to go for a ride: Boots rode with Chris and Dozer with me. Chris says Boots started shaking when they pulled into the vet parking lot. We got both of them in the office. Dozer started barking.  He would only calm down when I held him. We had to put them in kennels to even fill out the paperwork. Neither pup liked getting put in the kennel. The look on their faces broke me heart. I teared up. Luckily Chris was there. He looked at me, smiled and grabbed my hand. (Gotta love that boy) We walked back up from to finish paperwork and I could hear both boys crying three rooms away. We hurried signing papers and got out of there.

We were both heading off to work. Chris kissed me on the forehead smiled and told me that they would be okay. Now I am counting down the hours till I get off at 4:30 to go pick up my babies.

Let's just hope after we have children that they don't have to have any kind of surgery. I don't know what I would do!

No comments:

Post a Comment