Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 in Review

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? I set a wedding date with my dearest Christopher

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions? I never make new years resolutions - people don't typically keep those.  I just make goals for myself during the year

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My sister gave birth to an adorable little boy in October. I  had a few other friends who did as well, but no one really close other than my sister

4. Did anyone close to you die? I don't recall attending a funeral during 2010 but I know of many who passed away, some harder to deal with than others, especially the young ones

5. What countries did you visit? I stayed in the United States all year long

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? A husband, my juris doctorate, my Missouri bar license :)

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 5 - we bought a house, May 17 - we set our wedding date
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? Finishing another year of school. We are down to just a few months til graduation and I couldn't be happier

9. What was your biggest failure? I don't know that I would say that I failed at anything last year.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope

11. What was the best thing you bought? The house - I love our little farm

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Christopher - he has been amazing working on the house while I was gone and he has always been wonderfully supportative for me to go to school. My parents were also great during the whole house deal

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I am so disgusted by the way some people treat their committed relationships. I know of more than one person who was cheated on by their spouse. I know of one person who was physically and verbally assaulted by their spouse. It's terrible to think about people behaving such a way. It makes me sad when people think that having a baby willl fix marriage problems. I hate when people continue to have kids when they cannot afford them and choose to live off the government. I hate when people complain about their life but aren't willing to change things themselves.

14. Where did most of your money go? Bills mostly

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Wedding planning :)

16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Eh, I don't know that any song will always make me think of this year
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? Happier!

b) thinner or fatter? About the same, maybe slightly thinner

c) richer or poorer? Likely a little poorer, investments aren't doing quite as well

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Exercising

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Eating

20. How will you be spending Christmas? We always have many Christmas celebrations. Besides our respective work ones prior to Christmas we have Christmas Eve at our house with the Upton family. Christmas Day in the morning, we were with my parents. Christmas afternoon we spent with our puppies. Christmas Day evening, we spent with the Shannon family and the 26th was spent with the Gabel's. We have one more celebration this coming Saturday in Springfield for my work
21. Did you fall in love in 2010? Every day I find new reasons to love Christopher and we welcomed two new puppies to our family in 2010 that I love

22. How many one-night stands? None
23. What was your favorite TV program? No doubt about this one, Glee

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't know that I would say that I grew to hate anyone this year. I lost respect for many people and discovered reasons to distance myself from other. I have hated actions people have taken but I don't think hating anyone

25. What was the best book you read? John Grisham's new book - The Confession
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? No one new this year

27. What did you want and get? I wanted to start planning the wedding and that I am doing

28. What did you want and not get? We didn't get the garage finished before winter

29. What was your favorite film of this year? I don't even remember what all movies I watched this year. Recently we watched Easy A, that was a good movie

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 23 on April 30 - Went out to dinner on Friday night with girlfriends, went to lunch on Saturday with girlfriends - celebrated jointly with Maggie

31.What was one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not having bills - that would make every year better

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Classic - I wear a lot of basics and try to look classy and not skanky

33. What kept you sane? Friends, Christopher and my mom

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Um...I really don't know.

35. What political issue stirred you the most? I cannot really name a particular issue that fired me up, but I will say Obama isn't my favorite person and I am not thrilled about things Congress or our President are doing

36. Who did you miss? I have been missing grandparents a lot lately, expecially around the holidays because you are more aware they aren't there. It makes me sad we won't have grandfathers at our wedding
37. Who was the best new person you met? I met several new people through school and at work, couldn't really pick the best one though

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. No matter how you much you know something needs to happen, you cannot force it upon someone else. You can only help people who are willing to help themselves

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Love like Crazy - Lee Brice - "Be your best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you. Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense. Never let your prayin' knees get lazy. And love like crazy"

No comments:

Post a Comment