Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekend Recap and Snow

Well, first off, it is snowing like crazy here, as predicted. I got up and around fairly early this morning so run some errands and grocery shop before the storm came in. The snow started around 10:30 and we for sure have several inches. At this point, I am not sure that I will be getting out tomorrow at all, but if I do, it will not be early at all. Guess it will give me a chance to get started on my readings. This afternoon, I was doing more organization.

So, besides having to leave town yesterday, the weekend went pretty well. Friday at work was super busy. The day flew by. I didn't get to snack all day like I usually do and there was even times that I was running around so much that I couldn't even use the restroom. But time flew by. When I left the office, I headed to my moms to check on my little boys. Both were doing fantastic after the surgeries. They were even jumping around at the vet's office. Chris and I headed to town around 6:30. We picked up a quick dinner then headed to play pool with Chris's cousin Matt. Those boys are pretty entertaining to watch. I don't play much because I am terrible, but I love to shoot the easy shots. We didn't stay out late. We were back to the house around 9:30 and I was in bed by 10:30.

Saturday morning, my mom and I headed to town early. We met my grandmother for breakfast at Jimmy's. It was yummy. I love breakfast and going out is about the only time that I get it anymore. Chris isn't big on breakfasts. Most of the time, it is too big of a mess for just me, so I don't bother. My french toast and sausage was really good. Mom and I then ran a few more errands and did her grocery shopping. I got back to the house and helped Chris pick up the house and his truck. We headed to Springfield about 1:30. We didn't need to go too early because there wasn't much to do. I had wanted Chris and I to do registering at one store, but he wasn't interested. Guess I'll have to do it by myself (well, I have a few special ladies who said they would help). I just remind Chris that he cannot complain about what I get since he choose not to have an opinion. We went into Home Depot to look around for a bit. Then we headed to dinner at Nakatos. It was my work Christmas dinner. We go every year. This year, the service wasn't so great. Despite having reservations for 5:00, we didn't get a table until 5:45. It was crazy. Chris isn't crazy about the food and then the combo about the wait, I am not sure if he will feel up to going next year. We shall see. We got home around 9:00, picked up Boots (yes, we have a babysitter for our puppies), then headed to the house to watch a little TV.

Sunday morning I got up early. I watched the weather forecast and knew that I needed to start packing. I was all packed before anyone else got up. I spent a little time with Chris and the pups. I had to make sure the house was clean and laundry caught up for him before I left. The only thing I didn't get done was grocery shopping for him (which is why he got take out tonight). Hopefully he will get that taken care of soon. We loaded up the car and I got on the road around 1:30. I got to Columbia unloaded the car, unpacked, ate dinner and was in bed by 9:30. My life is so boring.

Well, that is it for now. I'm looking to heading up to read a little bit before heading off to bed early again tonight.

1 comment:

  1. We got a little more snow tonight, hoping it doesn't keep going! Where are you going to register? That was SOOOO fun!!!!