Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekend Recap

This weekend has been pretty uneventful.

Friday, I left home to return to Columbia. I left town around 9:00 a.m. and arrived in Columbia around 12:30. I was sad to leave, but tried to think of the positive. I got my last hug from Christopher around 7:00 a.m. before he went to work. Of course, I cried, but I took it worse when I had to say goodbye to my puppies. It is just hard becuase they do not understand why momma is leaving. They just know I left and won't be back for 2 weeks. My mother tells me that Dozer is looking for me. Every noise in the evenings, he runs to the window to see if it is me coming home. As pathetic as it sounds, I have talked to Dozer on the phone. He just listens, licks the phone and then tries carrying it off. Gosh I miss my little boys!!!

Friday afternoon I spent cleaning the house (sitting for 3 months makes it really dirty) and unpacking. I also took a trip to campus to pick up my books and parking permit. This semester, I got off with only $500.00 of books instead of the typical $900 that I have been spending since I was in law school.

I had a wonderful dinner with my Columbia girls. I had missed them all and we had a fantastic dinner. We were catching on life that we had missed (a lot of details are not sent in text messages and facebook). We all met up at Macaroni Grill and had a great meal. It is nice to go somewhere that WP doesn't have. After dinner, Maggie and Sara came back to my house. We spent the rest of the evening talking and watching TV. Friday night, Columbia had two rounds of storms. Geez, I wish that rain would happen down in WP. It needs it bad. My field is sooooo dry.

Saturday I was up early. My body has trouble sleeping in. I waiting around for a bit for the internet/phone guy to come by and fix my phone and internet. I was dying Friday with no internet. After that guy left, I went to the grocery store. My house was so void of food. I had to stock up on all the basics and good school snack food. I had lunch with Maggie and we went shopping to look for a headpiece for my wedding and looked for shoes to the bridesmaids. We struck out looking for both. I spent the rest of the evening at the house finishing unpacking and reading for Monday classes.

Today has been a pretty boring day. I have been cleaning, doing laundry and reading. Nothing too exciting. I am almost happy that school starts tomorrow and I will be more busy again. I don't do boring well.

Well, I am off to bed. Hope that you all had a great weekend. Sorry I had no pictures from this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment