Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekend Recap

It is beginning to feel like crunch time. Classes start back in exactly three weeks from today, which means I have about 2 1/2 weeks left to finish before leaving town again, including things at the house and things for the wedding.

This weekend was time to work on the house. I wanted to get paint on the walls in one of our spare bedrooms. Here are a few pictures of the room from when we first got the house.





The door was painted this same color. It was just awful and Chris and I both hated it. This bedroom is at the front of the house and right off of our formal living room. The living room had a neutral color on the walls so I wanted there to be a pop of color in this room.

Friday night, I started with painting the window trim and the inside of the door. All of the trim in this room will be white. We bought new baseboards as the ones there were not in good shape, but we decided to keep the trim on the windows and around the door. All of this is now white.

Saturday morning, we got around early and headed to Meeks to buy baseboards and crown molding for our formal living room and the bedroom we were working on. Man, is that stuff expensive. For just those two rooms, we spent over $300. Normally in this house, since it is just our starter house, we would not have put up crown molding, but our contractor messed this up. He had the ceiling down in both rooms and didn't put the ceiling back at the height it had been and how we have this lovely 2 inch gap at the top of the walls between that and the ceiling. The only way to cover it up is crown molding.

Saturday afternoon, Chris and his dad worked on putting the baseboards up in the living room. His dad had to leave early to go pick up some grandkids. So the only thing there that got done was 4 pieces of baseboard. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy. I know I should be grateful for our free help from his dad, but his dad was supposed to come at 8:30 and didn't show up until noon. I didn't take any pictures of the work that was done as there are still stacks and stacks of baseboards and crown molding laying in the floor.

I painted the first coat on our room on Saturday. Although the room is small, it was very time consuming since we had to trim all of the corners and the 2 windows and the door. Plus I was working alone, so that always takes longer.

Sunday was spent putting the second (and sometimes third) coat on the walls and trim. It looks really good and I am so excited. So, here it is:







Wednesday, I will be picking out carpet and I am looking to do some black and white bedding like this:



Or This



Well, I hope that you all had a great weekend too.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the blue, you do a great job! And my bedding is almost like that. I got it from Target and I believe it was Waverly brand. We are really happy with it. I would register for something and buy something cheaper until then! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE MY ROOM!..even if it's not pink. And the bedding is adorable! :) I'm so excited to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do u know where to buy the comforter in the first picture?
    im looking to do something just like this.

    ReplyDelete