Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Weekend Recap

It was my last weekend in town so we tried to make the most of it.

Friday night we attended a wedding. For being at a bar, the wedding was actually not too bad. It was for a guy that works with Chris. It is definately not my venue of choice, but it was a pretty ceremony. I only took a picture of Chris and I before the wedding, but didn't take my camera to the wedding. I didn't think there would be anything to take a picture of, but I was wrong, I really wanted a picture of the cake. We just didn't stay too long since the bar was really smoky and I don't particularily enjoy being around a bunch of drunks. The wedding festivities started at 6:00 p.m. and there were so many people already wasted when we got there. After the wedding, we headed to get something to eat. We ate with my parents and picked up the boys. My parents are great for watching the pups. Gosh, do we have spoiled pups who don't have to stay at the house when we are gone. After dinner, we went to the house and relaxed with the boys. Here is a picture of Chris and I before the wedding.



Saturday morning. I let Chris sleep in. I was up early with Dozer of course. But I didn't mind too much. It was our last Saturday together. Once Chris got up, we got around and headed to town. We had a few errands to run. Chris went gun shopping while I had lunch with my mom, sister, nephews and grandma. We went to the Fish Shack. It was so yummy. I'd been craving fish. Stac's boys were extremely active and were trying to run all over the resturant. Boy is she going to have her hands full in a couple of months when baby #3 arrives. Here are a couple pictures of the boys.





Saturday afternoon, I napped a little with the pups. Chris and I ordered a pizza for dinner and had a night in watching movies. It was nice just to spend time together.

Sunday morning, I was up early again. Dozer believes that sleeping in on the weekends means getting up at 6:oo a.m. instead of 5:00 a.m. We went to visit Chris about 9. Chris and I spent quite a bit of time outside Sunday morning. It was a nice morning and not too hot, so we decided to take advantage of it since the weather had been miserable. We headed into town for lunch. Then at 1:00, we headed to his dads for a birthday party.

For those of you  who do not know, Chris has younger brother, Corey, who is 24 (as of Sunday). Corey was born autistic. Normally in Chris's family, once you have turned 18, you do not get birthday parties anymore. Not Corey. He still has the mindset of a child and expects birthday parties and gifts. For example, from us he wanted either the complete set of Home Alone movies, Back to the Future Movies or Toy Story 1 and 2. Corey was happy to get all his presents, even the few cards he received with money.





I also took advantage and snapped a few pictures of Sadie, Megyn and Caden (the children of Chris's brother and sister in law). They are some of the most adorable kiddos that I know.






Sunday for dinner, we had a small get together since it was my last weekend in town. My grandmother, great uncle, nephew Justin and niece Gracie all joined us for dinner. We had steaks, baked potatoes, salad and bread. It was soooooo good. For dessert, we had fresh peaches and homemade banana pudding (one of my favorites). After dinner we just sat outside for a few hours just talking. It was nice until the mosquitos started attacking us.

Chris and I finished the evening with our typical Sunday ritual of watching "My Fair Wedding with David Tutera". It amazes me how much he tells everyone that he hates when I make him watch, then while it is on, has an opinion about everything.

It was a great weekend, but I am sad the summer is drawing to a close. I will be back in classes next Monday. Oh well, it is the last year (wohoo) so it shouldn't be too bad.

Hope your weekend was just a wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Sounds like a fun weekend, but I have to know what bar was the wedding at?! ;) What sweet pictures of Corey...loved those!

    And I'm ready for you to graduate so you can full-time blog on wifey things. You sure do your best now, keep up with posting this year. It will be a crazy, FAST year...planning a wedding makes time go by at light speed!

    ReplyDelete