Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Weekend Recap

I love long weekends. It was so refreshing to be home for 3 days. I got everything done on my list that I wanted to get done and then some.

Friday, after class, I went into work for a few hours. I got on the road about 12:30. I stopped at Steak and Shake in Rolla and picked up my dad dinner. I get that for him every time that I come down. Once I got into town, I headed over to the sheriff department to pick up my CCW certificate. Got word Friday morning that I passed the background check (big surprise there). Chris went and got his hair cut. I picked up take out for dinner. Chris and I ate with my parents and played outside with the puppies for a while. All four of us also headed up to our place and fed the cows. Those calves are seriously like pets. They like their little treats and will let you pet them. It was a good evening and felt so good to be home.

Saturday, I was up early in the morning. Dozer was up around 5:00 and was ready to go. We spent some time outside and had breakfast together. My mom and I headed into town around 9. We had a list of things to do. We started by heading to the pet store to get a few things. I then headed to Elite Image to get a hair cut. I just wanted a little trim. I'm growing my hair back out for our wedding next year, but the hair needed a trim to keep it growing nicely. I ordered a new cell phone. I'm very excited about it. It has been a while since I got a new phone and have never bought the latest and greatest. This time I splurged and got a nice phone. It will be delivered in a couple of weeks. I had a great lunch with my grandmother. After lunch, mom and I ran a few more errands, and were back at the house around 2. We brought lunch to our boys. Chris and my dad had been working on the farm all morning. Outside at the house is starting to look really good. They back of the barn was their big task this week and it looks amazing. Too bad I forgot to take a picture. After lunch, the boys worked a little more on the house.

Around 4:30, Chris and I headed out to his aunt's house. There was a ton of family out there. We had a great dinner. My contribution was homemade ice cream. I feel terrible going to family functions where they feed me empty handed. They told me not to bring anything for the main meal so I brought dessert. It was a hit too. It makes me feel really good for Chris's family to like my food, especially grandma. The entire fmaily thinks a lot of people who can cook/bake, so keep trying to impress. We spent most of the evening outside playing with the kiddos and visiting.

Sunday was essentially a repeat of Saturday. Chris and my dad worked outside all day. I did a good cleaning of the family room, kitchen and downstairs bath. We had an awful smell in the house. We think an armadillo died under the house. Chris crawled under the house but couldn't find anything. Next place to look is under the front porch, but it is low to the ground, and I'm not sure Chris can fit. We had the windows open in the house all day Saturday and Sunday and that helped a lot. Chris worked on fence and who knows what else. He didn't share with me and really as long as he was busy I didn't care too much what he was doing. The plan was to work outside since it was such a beautiful day and then next weekend when it will be crappy weather, he will be working inside.

About 5:30, Chris and I headed to go visit his mom again. I spend most of the evening playing with the kiddos. We spent the evening outside and the kids are obsessed with playing baseball. Here are a few of the pictures that I snapped when I wasn't catching.













Little Sadie is my favorite!!! 

Monday, I got up early with Dozer again. I met Jeannett and her son Seth at Hillbilly Junction for breakfast. It was so great just to visit with her. We email a lot when I am away at school, but seeing her in person and actually being able to have a conversation was a lot of fun. When I got back to the house everyone was already working on some landscape projects at my mom's house. I tried my best not to get dirty. Chris's mom stopped by the house on their way out of town. Dozer and I spent some time on the 4-wheeler. It is amazing how much he likes going for rides. Here is a picture of the two of us.  He rides on the front. I just can't go as fast by myself with him. If Chris and I are both on there and we can better hold him, we go a lot faster which Dozer really likes.



I got back into town just before 5. I went to the grocery store to pick up a few items and then headed to campus to meet with my co-counsel for my pre-trial litigation class. I was so exhausted when I got home. I unpacked, showered and crashed.

Hope that everyone had a good weekend too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment