Saturday, April 30, 2011

Blessings

Yesterday marked the last day of classes as a law student. Two classes are officially done and that leaves three finals and I'll be done!

I was sitting in my last class yesterday and my professor took some time to give us a little talk about life and it was amazing. When I graduated high school, my chemistry teacher read of "Oh the Places You Will Go" and I felt like I was in that moment again.

Professor Hensen told us about his experience and about getting to where he is now. He had always dreamed about being a law professor but it wasn't until more recently that he was able to do just that. He told us that we should hold on to our dreams and always chase after them. He reminded us that our dreams are the most important thing that we will ever create.

So, I'm sitting in class, trying really hard not to cry. I am overwhelmed with blessings. I feel fortunate enough to be able to chase my dreams for my first job. I don't have to settle for a job that I don't want in order to pay off student loans. I don't have to settle for a job that I don't want because the job market sucks and taking something is better than nothing. I am going into a job that I know that I love and will be able to work with people that I love. I am going to the location that I want - home with my family.

Chris and my family have always been there for me supporting every dream that I ever had. I was never told that I couldn't do something or that I shouldn't do something. I appreciate that more than Chris and my family will ever know.

I just thought that I would share. Please keep hold of your own dreams and chase them with all that you have. I did and it feels amazing to be 2 weeks out from graduating law school!




No comments:

Post a Comment