Friday, April 15, 2011

5 Question Friday

Well, I had a little time before class started, so I decided I needed to post for 5 Question Friday. I had missed a few weeks, but things have been super busy in my life. Yes, so busy for both Chris and I that we have to schedule time to talk on the phone. So anxious to not have to do this long distance thing anymore. But anyways, onto the questions.

1. What is your favorite sign of spring?
Flowers for sure. I love walking outside and smelling flowers and fresh mowed grass. I love the look of all the blooming trees and flowers on the ground. It just puts me in a better mood 

2. What was your best birthday ever?
April 30, 2005 was the best birthday that I can remember. I am sure that I had some pretty fantastic birthdays as a child, but none that really stand out to me that I can remember. My birthday in 2005 was perfect though. My dad sang to me at 6:52 am like he does every year since that was the time I was born. My birthday was on a Saturday and I had taken the day off. Chris told me that he had something special planned. He picked me up just before lunch time with a card in hand. He apologized that he had to go help his dad move something for an uncle but it wouldn't be a long delay. Well, it turns out there was no moving, it was Chris's way to distract me and sneak away to Tingler Prairie (part of the conservation department). Turns out, he had made me lunch (all of my favorite meal), packed a picnic (that his dad set up before we got there) and we had a great little lunch on a deck in the middle of a field overlooking a lake. It was beautiful and absolutely perfect. (Learned later, he was planning to propose that day, but the ring hadn't wasn't in before the picnic. We then spent the afternoon with Chris's family and dinner with mine. It was a perfect day!
 
3. What is your favorite dessert?
I have many favorite desserts and will be enjoying them again for my birthday in a couple of weeks. My mom always makes me a homemade chocolate cake with homemade chocolate icing and grandma makes me a banana pie. But I also enjoy homemade ice cream and peach cobble (fresh peaches only)

4. What is the best excuse you've ever used to get out of a ticket?
Unfortunately, I have not been able to get out of a ticket. I guess it is not in my nature to cry and play the girly role just to do that. One officer I actually argued with about my speed and even asked to see his radar gun. Probably not the best idea. But hey, I worked for an attorney and have gotten out of both speeding tickets that I have received 

5. Do you wake up before your alarm, with your alarm, or after hitting snooze several times?
I am one of those freaks with an internal clock and I wake up generally before my alarm goes off. If I happened to have a rough night and my alarm goes off, I always get up with the alarm clock. Not getting up is wasting valuable productive time 

Hope that ya'll have a great weekend. My weekend will be spent working on outlines and papers - sounds gross, but worth it when I graduate in one month  


2 comments:

  1. I love the proposal story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree about "wasting productive time." Since the time change, I cant seem to get my butt out of bed in the morning. Generally, when it's sunny and warm outside, I am up BEFORE the alarm and out with the puppy for a walk just before the sun comes up.

    Great blog, and I'm jealous of the "farm."

    ReplyDelete