Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gotta love small towns

I just wanted to share a little story that brightened my day yesterday. Chris came home last night to an envelope from the bank in the mailbox. He called me freaking out thinking something was wrong before he even opened it. I handle all the finances for him and myself. Chris jokes that he doesn't know what he would do without me because he wouldn't even know where to begin on his bills. So he opens the mail to discover a really nice gesture from his banker/loan officer.

Last week, Chris and I were featured in a Love special of our local newspaper. It told our story and mentioned our plans. The banker, Ron Thompson, had taken that article, matted it to red paper and had it laminated for us. It was just such a nice and thoughtful gesture.

We feel so blessed to be surrounded by wonderful people throughout our lives, even in the smallest aspects like our bank.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! And I noticed where you won the giveaway from Lyndsie's blog.

    ReplyDelete