Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a busy but really relaxing weekend.

My Friday class was cancelled so I was at work all day. We were having clients visit the office so we actually had to be dressed up. Normally the office is very casual. Part timers are typically found in sweats or jeans and t-shirts. I am proud to say that I have never worn sweats to work. I haven't gotten to a point in my life where I have given up yet. But it was nice to have a day where everyone in the office was dressed up. I live by the premise that if you look good, you feel good. My entire department was there all at the same time so we took the opportunity to get another group shot since we didn't want to frame our dwarf picture. Here we are. Aren't we precious?



I have now printed an 8x10 for my manager to display in the office and a 5x7 for one of the attorneys at the office. I'm sure some of the other attorneys will want one too. We shall see who becomes jealous about the picture in Jimmy's office. Maggie and I are considering making it into a holiday card to send to a few of the covering attorneys that we work with on a daily basis. I'm sure they would like to see who we are. Just this week, we got to see a picture of one of our covering attorneys and it was nice to put a face to a voice that I hear at least once a week.

Friday night after work, I stopped by the house to start a load of laundry, then I headed downtown. My boss from home was in town for the weekend to see his son and go to the game and asked me to dinner with their family. It was really nice to see them. And now I can say that if you are ever in Columbia and looking for a good seafood and steak place, you should definately check out Mackenzie's Prime. It was soooo yummy!!! I headed home after dinner and was in bed by 8:30. I was exhausted and Chris was out playing poker, so I decided it was time to hit the sack. The only bad thing was that I was wide awake at 4:00 a.m. which allowed me to get up and going early in the day.

On Saturday, Maggie came by around 930 - 10. We had a lazy morning and ate frozen pizza for lunch. We were going to watch the football game, but couldn't find it anywhere on TV. It was way to cold to want to get out of the house. Around 2, we finally decided to leave the house. We ran a few errands. Hobby Lobby was having a 50% wedding items sale. Too bad I didn't find anything that I liked. We also hit up a few stores. I got a new pair of boots for the chilly winter weather we are having. I cannot be bare on my feets in just flats all winter. We picked up McAlisters for dinner and spent the rest of the night in. Maggie and I had been talking for a few months about toning up before my wedding. While we were at Wal-Mart Saturday, we picked up a workout DVD called Dancing off the pounds: County Line Dancing. We took our first crack at that on Saturday night. It was more of a workout than either of us anticipated.

Sunday, we did another round of our workout and stayed around the house during the morning. Just after lunch, we headed to Joy's house (Joy is one of the attorneys at the F&B). Joy was hosting a Tastefully Simple party.



This is the second time that I have attended one of these. They are actually pretty neat. These are mixes, dressings or other products that only require 1-2 staple ingredients to make delicious meals. The dips are my favorite. I ordered a few items and they will be in before Christmas. Yah. We headed back to the house in the afternoon and laid around, each reading a book. It was wonderful. I headed back to campus about 6 to meet with my "co-counsel" for my pre-trial litigation class. We have mediation tonight and we wanted to make sure we were ready for it.

Hope that you all had a great weekend. This week is going to be a long one for me while I await Friday at noon to head home for an entire week!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your dress! Where did you get it? Thanks for the smart phone info!!

    ReplyDelete