Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weekend Recap

This weekend, I had the pleasure of going home to Howell County. It was a much needed trip.

There wasn't a whole lot going on at work Friday, so I was able to get on the road by noon. I got to Willow a little before 3 to pick up my baby Dozer. He was soooo excited to see his momma. He is still young and doesn't quite understand that right now mom sometimes leaves for a few weeks at a time, but she always comes back. Just you wait, little fella, momma will be home for good in just a few months. Dozer and I got to my mom's house around 4:00. I visited with my mom for a little while. Chris came over a little while later. We headed to town to pick up something to eat and came back to the house. We just talked the rest of the evening.

Saturday was a pretty busy day. I was up bright and early with Dozer. I headed to town with my mom around 9. We met up with my sister and her three little ones for breakfast. Jansyn was in my lap most of breakfast. I hear that he is smilling, but he didn't smile at me :(
After breakfast, my mom and I ran a few errands. We had a couple of places we needed to go and I had to get Chris a few things from the store as well. We got a lot done and was still back at the house by 11:45. Once I got back, I had to wrap a wedding present and get ready to go to the wedding.

Here is Chris and I all dressed up for the wedding. I say dressed up lightly becuase Chris still wore jeans. As you can see, his hand is still bandaged up. He finally got all his stitches out Thursday, but his thumb is still healing and it generally looks really gross.

So, now to the wedding. The wedding was that of Phillip Shannon (Chris's second cousin) and Megan Shelton. It was a nice small wedding. Megan's grandpa performed the ceremony and it was really sweet. Just made me a little sad that Chris and I won't have any grandpas to get all emotional at our wedding. Here are a couple pictures of the wedding.

If you look closely at the last picture, you can see the ring bear laying on his pillow. It was precious.

We didn't stay too long at the reception. We were really hungry and wanting something more than cake. Chris and I went to dinner with his mom, grandma, brother and sister in law. We went to Captain D's because it is grandma's favorite. After eating, Chris and I headed back to the house. Everyone else went to go visit with more family.

After changing at the house and visiting with our puppies, Chris and I headed back into town. We went to Chris's aunt's house. There were tons of people out there. Most of the time when Cheryl is in, there are always people out there. I played some with the kids. Chris and I headed back to the house pretty early, we were both exhausted.

Sunday morning, Dozer and I were up early again. We played outside some. It was a beautiful crisp fall morning. I got showered, ready to go and all packed before anyone else at the house was even out of bed. I spent some time with my parents during the morning. Then Uncle Leroy came by like usual on Sunday mornings for coffee and visits.

I left town around 11. Steph and I wanted to be in Mountain Grove by noon to help set up for Sadie's benefit. It didn't take much to get set up, so we were mostly visiting with people and playing with the dog that was to be auctioned off. The benefit was a success and Sadie is getting her a bike for Christmas. I am so happy for that little girl. She had a blast at the benefit too. It was at the skating ring so she had tons of room to go in her wheel chair. She was always on the move.

Isn't she precious? I got back into Columbia around 5:30 and it was already dark. So not liking the time change. I had dinner with Maggie, headed to the house to unpack, watch a little TV and read for class.

Just two weeks this time til I head home again!!!

1 comment:

  1. You pack so much into your weekends, I don't know how you have time for all of that! Why aren't my days as long as 'yours'? Good for you! What a great weekend...glad Sadie gets her bike!