Saturday, June 18, 2011

Customer Service - When did it get so bad?

Lately, I have had terrible customer service everywhere that I go.

1. Ashely furniture - if you read my blog, you know about my experience with the Ashley Furniture Homestore and ended up buying furniture elsewhere. Well, I emailed the manager of the Columbia store. Her response was crazy. She apologized for my bad experienced but thanked me for being an informed shopper and getting the best deal for myself. She said there was no way the guy told me their prices were the cheapest and ended the email asking me to shop there again - too bad for them, that won't happen

2. Dry Cleaners - I bought a special dress just for graduation. I took it to the cleaners to get it pressed. I apparently made the mistake of not looking at the dress when I picked it up. I got ready to put it on graduation morning and realized that the black color in the dress had bled all over the white part. I took it back this week. They offered to clean it again to try to get it out. I asked what happens if the stain comes out. Her response was for me to take up the issue with the manufacturer since they clean the clothes according to the label. I have a feeling we will have major words when my dress comes back still with stains on it

3. Sherwin Williams - My sister in law (interior decorator) is going to the the painting in my master bedroom. Due to her business, she gets a super discount at Sherwin Williams. She is going to paint for us in the next couple of weeks so I needed to pick a paint color. I walk in and there are three employees behind the counter talking amongst themselves. No one even greeted me when I walked in the door. No one asked if I needed help. When I went to the counter to ask for a second opinion on a color, the employee acted like I was inconveniencing her. Good thing I didn't need paint in Columbia.

I figured with the economy the way that it is, businesses would do anything and everything to make the customer happy and ensure that they got my business. What happened to "the customer is always right"? Chris and I are so picky any more who we give our business to. I hate dealing with rude people but I am sure that they hate it worse when they deal with an angry Lynsie.

Well, I am off to bed. It is about to storm, so hopefully it won't keep me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment