Monday, May 23, 2011

Back and now officially a graduate

Well, first off, I would like to apologize for my absence the past couple of weeks. Graduation weekend was crazy busy. There were 35 people of my family and Chris's that made the trip to Columbia to see me graduate. Graduation weekend was full of activity. Saturday night the 14th, mom had reserved a room at Lonestar Steakhouse.








It was a fun night. After dinner, I drove my dad around campus so he could see where I spent the past 6 years of my life. It had been decades since he had a visit to Mizzou. Most of the guests went back to the hotel to swim. I stayed up for a while talking to Chris and my grandma and playing with Dozer (yes, the dog came to visit too).

Sunday morning I was up super early with Dozer. People started showing up at my apartment at 10. It was pretty hectic having lunch for so many people and getting dressed, but we left to make it on time. Graduation started at 1:30 and it was seriously one of the greatest experiences of my life. Attorney General Chris Koster was our guest speaker and his speech was fantastic.







 My nephew Kolton just graduated from preschool so of course we had to show off tassels together. I just didn't have my diploma yet. I had a wonderful week at home. It was relaxing and perfect. Saturday night was the big graduation party. There was so much family that didn't get to make it to Columbia, so my mom and Chris's mom hosted a party for me. Several members of our families made the food and I had the coolest cake. 91 people came out to celebrate with us. I stood there looking at all the people just before dinner started and thought about how blessed Chris and I are to have such great families. Entertain was provided by the sheriff himself and other friends and family.







I am working on thank you cards as we speak. My bar prep class started today and luckily this week we do not have homework. I thought I would try to get thank you cards out while I had the time. I better get back at it. Hopefully, I will get better about being in the groove of blogging again. It is time to start worrying about the wedding more too. Hope that you all have a good week. If you are the praying kind, please say an extra prayer for those in southwest Missouri, specifically Joplin, who were hit pretty bad with a tornado yesterday. The pictures are devastating and I wish that I could help more than I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment