Friday, December 3, 2010

5 Question Friday


It has been a while since I have done one of these, so I thought I would again this week. It is time for 5 Question Friday. It is no surprise that this week is about holidays. The holiday spirit is all around us. It is that time of year. So, if interested head over to My Little Life to play along.

1. What's on the top of your holiday wish list and why?!
Nothing in particular on my list. We have asked mainly for things for the house. My mom always buys clothes and other things just for me, but with the wedding coming up and getting ready to finish other rooms in the house, we need things for the house. I feel so old. We are asking for practical gifts

2. What is your favorite Christmas gift from the past?
Well, when I was a child, my favorite gift would have been my Barbie corvette. It was the highlight for years to come. We loved that car and were driving it around the living room before opening all the presents :)
But more recently, my favorite gift would have been the fake rose from Chris on our second Christmas. He had been buying huge and expensive vases of flowers for every occasion. For that Chrismas in 2004, I had asked not to get flowers because they are so expensive and always die. So in my box from him was a fake white rose (my favorite) with a tag attached saying "Like this rose, my love for you will never die"

3. If you had life to do over, what would you be when you grow up?
I love where my career path is going. But I often joke that I could have easily been an event/wedding planner. My organization skills are way up there. I planned my mother's 25th vow renewal from 200 miles away and it was beautiful. I love wedding planning so far and wouldn't mind at all to be doing it all day, every day

4. When do you put up your tree?
When I move in with Chris, I would love to put our tree up shortly after thanksgiving. But for now, that just doesn't happen. Right after Thanksgiving (after the 3 dinners we usually have), I have to get ready to head back to school for finals. So the tree doens't get put up until I get home for Christmas break which is around December 15th. That is the first thing on my list when I get back this time too

5. What is your favorite Holiday?
I love Christmas. People are generally happier people. There is good spirit all around. There are more opportunities to help others out. Just yesterday, I turned in a gift for a 2 year old little girl whose father is in prison. It is such a great feeling to give to someone else. I love family togetherness too.

Back to the grind. Hope that you have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment