Thursday, December 16, 2010

11 down - 1 to go

Tuesday at 12:05, I was officially done with the semester. I cannot believe that I can say there is only one semester and the bar exam before I am an attorney. When I left WP in 2005, it seemed like such a far away dream. Graduation was so long off that I couldn't even picture it. Now, here I am just 5 short months away.

I left Columbia yesterday morning around 5:00 a.m. Yes, I realize that this makes me insane. But I couldn't sleep. I hadn't been sleeping well during finals time and would regularly wake up at 3:30 reciting cases and statutes. But yesterday, I figured I would sleep in a bit since I had been no sleep deprived. But no, my body said to get up and get on the road, so I did. I actually showed up at Chris's work before he got there. I visited with my dad for a bit while my brother changed a light in my car. Then I headed to my moms. I helped her with a little cleaning and then in the afternoon, I got started putting up Christmas decorations in the house. I got about half of it done. It was kinda a mess. I had all my mom's dogs at the house - so that meant 5 dogs running around the house and the boys were taking turns marking the Christmas tree. Good thing there aren't presents under there yet. Geez. I don't even know what to do about that.

It started freezing rain around 3 and it turned into a huge mess. Chris had been out delivering loads and was told not to go back to work so drove the dump truck home. That is really funny to see sitting in the driveway. There were tons of wrecks all over the highway last night too. My dad took over 2 hours to get home from work when it usually takes only 20 minutes. This morning, the highway was clear. Temps were supposed to be close to 40, so it was melting pretty fast. Behind work, the parking lot is a little slick.

I am back to work today and as expected, I had a list of things to get started on. So I am working on that now and eating homemade jerky! I love the clients who bring in food. Plus the jerky is sooooo good. I had been craving jerky since deer season.

Well, I better get back to work. Just wanted to briefly check in. I need to take some photos of the crown molding that Chris put up last week. I'll try to get those pictures taken and posted soon.

Hope the weather is treating you well and you are staying warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment