Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend So Far

So far this weekend has been pretty crazy. Normally I do grocery shopping extremely early on Saturday mornings. However, this weekend I had a class Saturday morning, so I decided to go grocery shopping on Friday night. After work, I ate a quick dinner of chicken and rice. (It is really hard to cook a big dinner for one person) Then I headed off to Wal-Mart. I love grocery shopping. I love picking out new and exciting foods but also needed staples, like milk, meat, fruit and veggies. I just get amused when at the checkout lines comparing my cart to others of people around my age. I have a cart full of good food: fresh produce, meats, water, juice. Then you look at the carts in front of my that are full of Easy Mac, frozen pizza and beer. CRAZY. Guess it just shows that I am in a way different place in my life than them. Then I stayed in the rest of the evening. I did some reading for next week and of the model rules of professional conduct.

Saturday morning, I was up and going bright and early. At 9:00, I had to head up to the law school for a prep class for an exam next week. Next Saturday is the MPRE (the ethics portion of the bar exam). Since I have signed up for a BarBri bar prep course, they offer a free review course for the MPRE. I sat through 4 hours of lecture and received a book and an outline.


For me most of the rules are common sense like the attorney cannot have sex with the client or the attorney cannot talk to a juror during a trial. I will continue to study up this week and we shall see next weekend. It is a 60 question multiple choice exam of which only 50 are graded and I think that you can miss like 10 or 15.

After my class, I had lunch with Maggie at Chili's. It was so yummy and much needed after sitting through a 4 hour lecture. Plus we needed nutrients for the task that we had ahead. Maggie and I ventured off to Home Depot. We picked out a kitchen faucet, bathroom faucet, outside light for the front porch and basic supplies. Here are a few pics of what we got.


All and all, I think it was a very successful trip. Luckily for me, the staff at Home Depot are extremely helpful. I think while picking a kitchen faucet, we asked questions of at least six people. I prefer Home Depot to Lowes for this very reason. When at Home Depot, you aren't left to figure things out by yourself. People are always asking if you need assistance. At Lowes, you actually have to search out a person for assistance. I'm not a dumb girl browsing around in a man's store, but there are some things that I do not know since I am not a plumber.

After my class, I had lunch with Maggie at Chili's. It was so yummy and much needed after sitting through a 4 hour lecture. Plus we needed nutrients for the task that we had ahead. Maggie and I ventured off to Home Depot. We picked out a kitchen faucet, bathroom faucet, outside light for the front porch and basic supplies. Here are a few pics of what we got.


Well, that is about it for now. Today on the agenda is laundry, cleaning, studying and a play.


3 comments:

  1. Good buys! :) And a good weekend, I'm jealous of how disciplined you are at your school work--that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bathroom faucet. I'm so excited to see it when it's fully decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouraging words! And let us know if you all need any help a day or two a week. I have faith this will all work out the way it is supposed to! Just in time! ;)...And I'll post the meatballs on my blog tonight, the recipe is at home. I'm excited about them!

    ReplyDelete