Thursday, February 18, 2010

First Post

Well, this is my first post. I had been wanting to start a blog for a while now, but finally made the time to do it.

For those of you who want to know more about me, I will start with the basics. I am in my second year of law school and it has been quite an adventure. I struggle every day with homesickness wanting to be with Chris and my family. I am counting down the days til I graduate in May 2011. I will take the MO bar exam in July 2011 and move home immediately after. I will be practicing law at the Law Office of Steven Privette. My office is already set up there. I am still working on decorations for the walls, but I definately feel at home there. Steve is a wonderful boss and the girls are the best. I feel so blessed to know where I am going when I graduate.

I come from a huge family but love every minute of it. I am the youngest of five children in my family. I grew up as "daddy's little sweetheart" and suffered ill consequences from my siblings actions. All of my siblings are married and combined between Chris and I, we have 16 nieces and nephews. So needless to say, holidays are always interesting. My sister still lives in my hometown. All of my brothers live away, but nothing outside of Missouri. Things aren't always peachy with my family, but I love them all and can't imagine life without them, including Chris's family. His family has become my family too. It feels like I have always been in the family and I never feel like an outsider. You will probably hear many stories of my crazy family.


One of my favorite pictures

So, I am engaged to my high school sweetheart. We have been together for over six years and most of which have been long distance since I left our hometown to chase my dream to be an attorney. He has been my support system when life seems too much to handle. I cannot imagine my life without him. We are planning to get married in the fall of 2011. The official date will be set over the summer. We originally didn't plan to wait this long, but it is just how life has laid out for us. You wil definately hear more about Chris and wedding planning. Chris is a huge part of my life and I'm sure my life will quickly become consumed with wedding planning very shortly.

Chris currently works for my parents. When I was in undegrad, Chris began working as an over the road truck driver. It was good money and it didn't matter if he wasn't home much since I wasn't there either. A little over a year ago, my dad approached him with an amazing job opportunity. My parents own a rock quarry and throught it would make them more marketable to offer delivery service. There were also several road projects starting last year. So my dad bought two dump trucks and Chris came home. It is so awesome for him to be home anytime I come to visit. It is also great for me to see Chris and my dad work together. They are quite a pair.

This is Christopher's main truck.


This is our second truck.

Chris and I also have an adorable pit bull puppy. She is the highlight of life. We call her our daughter. It will be a while before we have kids, so right now she is all that we have. She is four years old and loves to play. But despite being pit bull, she also is very loving and enjoys cuddling up with you.



Christmas 2009

Well, I hope that you have enjoyed getting to know a little more about me. My life isn't always exciting and often I feel like it is just work and school; work and school. But I needed an outlet to talk about life. Thanks for reading and I hope that you continue to read.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! That's a great opportunity for Chris to work with your dad. I'm excited to hear about wedding planning...I miss it! Your dog is too cute! :) I'm glad to have another blog to follow.

    ReplyDelete